Friday, May 20, 2016

Luke Evans: "When I got the job I was over the moon."

In a new interview with Tribute, Luke Evans discusses his memories of seeing Beauty and the Beast in theaters and the film's "wonderful" cast.
Can you talk a bit about your role in Beauty and the Beast?

I play Gaston. It was a real honor to work for, first of all, such a legendary studio such as Disney and also to bring to life a character that I was brought up with. Beauty and Beast came out when I was twelve. I remember seeing it in the cinema. It’s amazing how quickly you remember the song. It’s so memorable. When I got the job I was over the moon. I was primarily a singer. That’s what I did when I first became an actor – I sang in the theater. It’s taken eight years in my film career to finally get the job where I was able to sing and enjoy every minute of it. It was an amazing job. Everybody involved was happy to come to work. The set was huge and the cast was wonderful. I had a great time with Emma (Watson), Dan (Stevens), Josh (Gad) and Kevin (Kline). Having Bill Condon directing it simply made it a dream package.

Source: Tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment