Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Ian McKellen: "It just tickled my fancy."

With Mr. Holmes making its limited US debut this Friday, Ian McKellen is once again making his rounds with press to discuss the film stateside. In addition to talk about the latest Sherlock Holmes film, McKellen also spoke with USA Today about his role in Beauty and the Beast as Cogsworth.
Time's a ticking for Sir Ian McKellen.

Quite literally, as a matter of fact, given that he plays Cogsworth, a clock, in Disney's live-action Beauty and the Beast retelling, slated for a 2017 release.

"Why the hell am I doing it? It just tickled my fancy," McKellen says. "To be in a Disney musical at 76, it's good, isn't it? It means you're still functioning."
The article can be read in its entirety here.

From The Vancouver Sun:
For instance, he pleaded with Condon for a role in his live action version of Beauty and the Beast currently shooting in London.

“I got on my knees and said, ‘Bill, please let me be in Beauty and the Beast’,” says McKellen who voices the talking clock Cogsworth.

“And I do get to sing a little bit, dance a little bit and pretend I’m in a Disney musical.” 
Source: USA Today, The Vancouver Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment